Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Christmas Gift

When I think about Christmas, I cannot do it without also thinking about Easter. The two, to me, are inseparable. The birth of Jesus Christ was a turning point for all of mankind. He was born so that He would die, and died so that I might live. You might say we are all born to die, but that isn't what I'm talking about. What Christ did was different. He was not born with the knowledge of eventual death as we all are, He was born knowing that His life's purpose was to die.

When Jesus was born, it marked the beginning of the end of Satan’s reign here on earth. The Word was made flesh and dwelled among us, the clock started ticking. I am in awe that the One who set all of creation into motion, who spoke everything into existence and calls each of the stars by name, came to earth as a baby. Why? The All-powerful, Almighty Son of the living God came from heaven to earth as the most wonderful gift, to be our Savior.

For me Christmas means more than a celebration of the birth of Christ, it stirs up feelings of joy and gratitude in me for the sacrifice He made when He chose to come down from His place on high. I can’t imagine any of us would give up all of the powers of the universe as He did. His love compelled Him. And my heart sings and fills to overflowing in my chest when I think of all God has done for me.

I feel unworthy of His sacrifice. I feel humbled when I think of how He regards me. I am forever undeserving and ever failing, but because of Christmas and Jesus Christ’s decision to become a Savior I am in His eyes deemed worthy.

May I never take for granted the day Jesus gave up everything He had to come to earth. May I never become so wrapped up in what Christmas has become that I fail to revere the symbol of Christ’s birth. Victory, freedom, triumph, power… The moment Jesus Christ stepped into this world, the universe was forever changed. And to Him I will be forever grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment