Where'd that wall come from?
It's finally here! It's time for me to take our yearly vacation! The beach! The sun! No email, no work, no cell phone, no chores list... Momentum building, vacation nearing, excitement peaking off the charts! So much to do before I go, yet with vacation right around the corner I feel as though I can conquer the world! Momentum gradually builds as I near our Monday morning departure time. FREEDOM on the horizon! Nothing but the waves, sand and sun for me this week! Oh, so excited! So happy!
And we're off... nothing remains between me and my beach but the open road now. My trek towards vacationing bliss has begun! I can't wait! Beaches as far as the eye can see! Water that goes on and on until it meets the horizon! And a cool breeze blowing as my hair gently tickles my face... ah, vacation!
There is no disappointment when I get there. Just as I thought, I had visitors patiently awaiting my arrival. Their names were rest, relaxation, sunshine and peace. Do I really have to go home on Friday? Seriously? Oh, but let's not think about that now... Enjoy! Soak in the peace! Soak in the sunshine! Get a great looking tan!
The sunrise? Beautiful. Each morning a brand new tapestry for me to behold! Awesome! God is incredible, so good.
Each dusk, just as breathtaking. The red and orange shades of color that stretched across the sky each night, spectacular!
Oh! And the light show each night! I watched the stars as they came out one by one each night as though taking turns introducing themselves to their captive audience. Then, zoom! Brilliant streaks of light zipping across the sky! A meteor shower! Fantastic! Laying beheath the stars at night on a bed of soft white sand, vacation.
Momentum built up, vacation coming to an end, excitement off the charts! Going along... Soaring with the heights.... Wait a second... What's this? ...... SPLAT! Where'd that wall come from? Good to be home?
Monday, August 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment